Friday, September 27, 2013

A Tribute

Earlier this month I posted that there was a death in my family and that is why I would not be blogging very much. I was a bit circumspect - as that is my way - and I was not sure I would actually publicly say who died. Many of my cyber friends do know as I did share privately, but I have always had a reserve about what I share publicly on social media.

Today, however, I do want to share publicly because a dear friend did a wonderful tribute to my husband, Carl. He died September 5th while volunteering at the Winnsboro Center for the Arts where I have been so active in theatre. My husband fully supported my thespian activities, and was even known to take a small role now and then.

Lynn Adler, one-half of the singing duo Adler and Hearne, Lynn Adler and Lindy Hearne, did this musical tribute to Carl at a recent concert at the Art Center, and I just wanted to share the video here. Lynn and Lindy also sang at Carl's funeral, along with another talented friend, Shannon Monk, and their gift of music was such a comfort. Lindy did one of his original songs that he wrote with Lisa Aschmann, "Do Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God" and that truly summed up a good part of who Carl was.

Here is the video, which was made by Jim Willis, another dear friend.



This next video is Lindy and Lynn doing "Do Justice, Love, Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God."


6 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

I send out my deepest prayers and good thoughts to you, your friends, family... and peace!

Maryannwrites said...

Thank you so much, Jeremy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful song. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Alicia

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That was a beautiful tribute, both the music and the words she spoke about Carl. Prayers for you and your family, Maryann.

Maryannwrites said...

Thank you so much for your note, Alex.

Yolanda Renée said...

I am sorry for your loss! These tributes were beautiful and I can see why you shared them! Thank you.
Prayers and blessings for you and Carl!