Friday, November 04, 2011

Friday's Odds and Ends

What is it they say about the best laid plans.....?  I was going to come into my office first thing this morning and get my blog done, then maybe a bit of work on my book before the day got away from me. That plan went down the river when first the crew showed up early to work on the deck and needed some questions answered.

Then I remembered that some men were coming to pick up my old furniture today to be donated to the animal shelter garage sale. Perhaps I should just do a quick cleanup of all the pet hair that accumulated behind this sofa since the last time it was moved.

Then I remembered that I needed to do laundry today since I will be at a signing event Saturday and Sunday all day. And on Monday I will have some minor surgery. Checked the closet and sure enough, not enough clothes to put that off until Tuesday.

Luckily, I then remembered that our two little cats are at the veterinarian's. Took them there yesterday and they had to stay overnight. If I hadn't remembered that, they would be stuck there until Monday. And of course, I can't get them on Monday if I am under anesthetic.

Crazy, crazy day. And I do hope I remember to iron the blouse I want to wear tomorrow. But right now, I'm off to get the kittens.

By the way, this rabbit has nothing to do with the subject of the blog. He just looks like I feel.  

How do you handle crazy days like this? Can you easily go with the flow?

2 comments:

LD Masterson said...

I always say: I'm flexible. Not to be confused with limber. *grin*

Maryannwrites said...

LOL, LD, I'm not so limber, either. Thanks for stopping by. I don't think visiting blogs is going to be on my agenda today. Still have LOTS to do before the Author Showcase this weekend. Those kind of events are always fun, but do take a lot of time to prepare for. Especially when you are in charge. LOL