Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Wednesday's Guest - Chris Redding

Please welcome Chris Redding as she shares some advice to make this a kinder world.... She also has a gift for one lucky visitor, so please leave a comment.




Son #2 has a shirt from his cross country coach that has a message I think is great: Train Hard, Run Fast, Be Nice.

Just Be Nice

That’s all I ask of life. Okay, maybe not all. The Eagles to win the Superbowl. Penn State to be National Champions again.

But what can you do? Be nice.

I deal with lots of people in my day job. Sometimes they follow the rules. Sometimes they don’t. And sometimes they have a true emergency. Or something got lost in the mail.

Just be nice.

If you are nice to me I will go to the ends of the Earth to help you. If you are not nice to me, you are so out of luck.

The other day a co-worker needed something that I could not give her per my boss. She yelled at me in an e-mail that we should make an exception for her because she hasn’t done anything wrong. Mind you, in all my dealings with her, I’ve had to make exceptions. Every dang time.

I think authors forget to do this.

We get so wrapped up in our promotion and selling books, we forget to just be nice. We would probably sell more books. People would think, “What a nice author. I can give this book as a Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa gift.”

So the next time you are tempted to not, remember, just be nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Redding lives in New Jersey with her husband, two sons, one dog, three rabbits. She graduated from Penn State with a degree in journalism. When she isn’t writing she works part time for her local hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blonde Demolition Blurb
You just can't hide from the past...

Mallory Sage lives in a small, idyllic town where nothing ever happens. Just the kind of life she has always wanted. No one, not even her fellow volunteer firefighters, knows about her past life as an agent for Homeland Security.

Former partner and lover, Trey McCrane, comes back into Mallory's life. He believes they made a great team once, and that they can do so again. Besides, they don't have much choice. Paul Stanley, a twisted killer and their old nemesis, is back.

Framed for a bombing and drawn together by necessity, Mallory and Trey go on the run and must learn to trust each other again―if they hope to survive. But Mallory has been hiding another secret, one that could destroy their relationship. And time is running out.

Links:

www.chrisreddingauthor.com
http://chrisredddingauthor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/chrisreddingauthor
www.twitter.com/chrisredding

For one lucky commenter I have a Yankee Candle Goody Bag. Commenter just has to be in the United States.

11 comments:

Chris Redding said...

Thanks for having me today.
cmr

Caridad Pineiro said...

Cool new cover, Chris! Love it. Sounds like a great book. Can't wait to add it to the TBR pile.

Maryannwrites said...

You're welcome, Chris. I do hope a few more folks show up. (smile)

Thanks for stopping by Caridad. I really like the cover of Chris's new book, too. Quite striking.

Latesha said...

Chris, What a neat cover. The book sounds good. Sorry to hear that your co-worker was expecting special treatment. S/he should know better.

Morgan Mandel said...

Great advice, Chris, for everyone, not only authors. Great cover, but you've already heard that a lot. (G)

Morgan Mandel
http://www.morganmandel.com
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Kathye Quick said...

Greart cover and really interesting concept.

I'm going to try to be nice here, but The Eagles are out of luck. It's a GIANT year

Maryannwrites said...

LOL, where does a Cowboys fan fit in here?

Chris Redding said...

Sorry Maryann, I root for whoever is playing the Cowboys.
But it is only football so it doesn't matter!

Maryannwrites said...

But, Chris, this is my blog. LOL

Joanna Aislinn said...

Your newest sounds good! Yes, I'll always root for the Giants (home team loyalty) but my heart goes to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers :)

Anonymous said...

tramadol online buy tramadol hydrochloride 50mg - tramadol 50 mg long term use