Friday, March 27, 2009

Random Thoughts



This has been a disjointed day for me as I have a lot of things going on. Started this morning when I decided to plant beans. Seemed like a good thing to do since we are getting a lot of rain here in East Texas over the last few days.

While I was out working in the garden, I discovered that something ate my peas. I had several coming up and had just put up a trellis to support the vines. Too late to replant now. Drat. Guess I will plant a few more beans and hope something doesn't eat them, too.

I am getting ready for an all day event at a library tomorrow, so I am working down a to-do list to make sure I have everything else taken care of. I will have to leave early in the morning to drive almost two hours to the library in Tyler.

If any of you reading this live near Tyler, do stop by from 10 until 4:30. There will be a number of authors there with a wide variety of books.

This event is called "Azalea Tales" and is running in conjunction with the annual "Azalea Trails" that takes place when the flowers are in their full glory.

I have a few azaleas blooming, but they are not as full and lush as the ones in this picture. I guess I need to add more compost for them.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

My husband is out pulling weeds and trimming back winter kill in the flowers right now. Yet, I'm stuck here on my computer getting work done! Ah, the advantages of retirement.

Maryannwrites said...

LuAnn, I know how hard it is to stay on the computer when you'd rather be outside enjoying the spring. I take a few minutes whenever I can. :-)