Monday, September 07, 2009

Random Things

In honor of Labor Day, which is a holiday for all of us in the U.S., I just want to wish all my compatriots a happy and safe holiday. I was going to write a little reflection in honor of the day, but a friend, Joe Dan Boyd, who is also a journalist, sent me his essay and I couldn't top that. Here is a link if you care to read it.

I also received another funny piece from my humorist friend, Tracy Farr, so here is a link to his latest nonsense on WinnsboroToday.com. He has a new take on reality shows.

Last, but not least, my other regular columnist for WinnsboroToday.com, Slim Randles, has some dating tips on his latest offering. Here is a link to his essay.

Hope you enjoy these essays and columns. I am so thankful that these terrific writers share their talent with me and the folks who read WinnsboroToday.com

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

3 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

Sounds like the Winnsboro Today is an interesting paper. Hope it'll be one of those that survive everyone turning to the Internet.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Maryannwrites said...

LOL, Helen, we are on the Internet and only on the Internet. There is a weekly printed newspaper for this small East Texas town, and we have been an alternative news source for about seven years. And we try to be more of a regional magazine than a newspaper, although I do update world, national and local newsbits everyday.

Helen Ginger said...

I tell ya, Maryann, things are turning to the Internet. Winnsboro is ahead of the times.