I want to thank you all and Maryann for letting me stop over and do a guest post. As she said, I decided to let seriousness go for a day, so here we go with a few things that may make you scratch your head and a few that may even make you laugh. These are some great scattered warnings I've run across from time to time:
- Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to continue
- This camera will only work when film is inside.
- Caution: Avoid dropping air conditioners out of windows.
- Warning: Do not use while sleeping.
- Warning: Never iron clothes on the body.
- This is NOT a life saving device!!!
- Street closed to traffic when flooded.
- State Prison: Do Not Stop for Hitchhikers.
- Do not make grilled cheese in the waffle makers.
- Warning: Not for Human Consumption.
- Warning: Do not ignite in face.
- Warning: For indoor or outdoor use only.
- WARNING: This bag is not a toy.
- Some assembly required.
- Warning: do not use as a floatation devise. Do not ingest.
- Illinois - You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.
- California - It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.
- Washington - When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed.
- Wisconsin - State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.
- Indiana - One man may not back into a parking spot because it prevents police officers from seeing the license plate.
- Hawaii - You may only have one alcoholic drink in front of you at a time
- Kansas - Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats.
- Alabama - It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
- Alaska - While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
- Texas - A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
Thank you again, if you are interested in entering the giveaway just stop on over my site at the link below. For those following the tour, next time I give you the Captain!
The above cover is book two of a four book series, each 40 pages long. The books contain artwork of things I have designed over the years. It's a mish-mash of images that I saw in my head... and some are future designs that will become shirts. The books include places I wanted to go artistically, traveling from where I was to where I am now. Is has been a great journey! Titles came from time "12:34, 35, 36 and 37”as it seems that is when my best ideas came to me... day or night. It's funny I never considered myself a "writer" just a man who likes to paint a canvas, whether the paint be words or images.
As part of the tour there are some great prizes being given away; books, artwork and more. Please stop over at my main page “BEING RETRO” and look just below the header for the “It’s Time” Tour Giveaway link and enter today.
Thank you to all who took the “time” to read this… you are all the best.