Saturday, June 14, 2014

Remembering Dad

First I want to wish all the fathers a Happy Father's Day. I know it is not until tomorrow, but I am doing posts early for the weekend, then I won't be online much. This is an especially difficult Father's Day for me and my kids as it is the first without my husband being here. People say that he will be with us in spirit, but right now that doesn't make me feel any better. It's just hard. All of these "firsts" are incredibly hard, as anyone who has gone through this knows.





This is a sketch my daughter, Dany, did of Carl one year when we were out at the nearby lake.  I didn't even remember she'd done this until she asked if she could post it on Facebook the other day.

My father is also in heaven. Maybe he and Carl found two more folks and are playing some euchre. Both of them loved that game, and I have so many fond memories of the New Year's Eve euchre tournaments with Daddy and our whole family. 

Memories are such an important part of family, and I hope you are making wonderful memories this year.

Our memories are bittersweet. But one thing is true, family was the most important thing in Carl's life.

No comments: