Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Morning Musings



My little town, Winnsboro, is one of the few rural cultural arts districts in Texas, and one of the reasons we acquired that designation is the Fine Art Market that is held annually. Another reason is the vibrant Winnsboro Center for the Arts, where I am very active.

In addition to being the Theatre Director, I organize the Author Showcase that is held in conjunction with the Fine Art Market, and for one weekend the air in town is infused with creativity. On Saturday I was at the Author Showcase with a number of other authors and it was a good event. We had lots of fun greeting folks we knew and meeting new friends. I was especially pleased to see a number of my Young Players come out for the day, and was thrilled to sign a book for Natalie, a terrific young actress.


Sunday, I went back to the market to do some shopping, and it was so much fun finding unique gifts for my kids and grandkids. I always love it when something just pops up and says, "Buy this for..." I even splurged and bought a gift for myself.

In other news, I have a story in a new anthology that is being released November 15 by S&H Publishing. The book has already received several early reviews on Amazon and so far readers are enjoying it. There will be a launch party for the book this Sunday in Virginia. I sure wish I was close enough to attend. Who doesn't love a party?



The book, Short & Happy (or not) is available through the S&H Publishing website and other online retail stores. I will be happy to send a signed bookplate to anyone who might want to order the book as a gift - to someone else or to keep. Just e-mail me at maryann@maryannwrites.com

Autographed book make terrific gifts, and I would be happy to sign and ship copies of my other books that you might want to buy as gifts. Just contact me at the above e-mail addy.

To end with a bit of humor, I cracked up when I saw this cartoon from Drabble yesterday. Ralph and June are in a restaurant, where June has made quite a mess with her soup. Ralph is thinking, "If your spouse goes to the dentist in the morning and the dentist gives her long-lasting Novocain, and she asks you to take her to her favorite soup and salad restaurant afterward, I suggest you sit at separate tables. Just sayin'."

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Wonderful with the anthology! Loved reading all of this. All so fun, Maryann. <3

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks Morgan, and thanks for coming by my blog. I just visited yours and enjoyed today's post very much.