Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Who Says Work Can't be Fun?



I have been a fan of the fun and whimsical approach to creativity that Marney Makridakis has created with Artella Land, an online community for artists, writers, creative entrepreneurs. I was first introduced to Marney when I reviewed her previous book, Creating Time, and she now has a new book coming out November 11, Hop, Skip, Jump 75 Ways to Playfully Manifest a Meaningful Life.


Marney is the founder of the ARTbundance approach to self-discovery through creativity. Since 2009, the ARTbundance Certification Training Program (ACT) has trained over 300 coaches and practitioners in her techniques, and is the result of her deep desire to help creatively minded people design a successful business rooted in true passion, personal joy, and creative meaning.

A graduate of Duke University, Marney playfully hops, skips, and jumps in Dallas, Texas, with her wonderful husband and their wise and adventurous young son, Kai. She names these things as being essential to her creative well-being: the color orange, poetic novels, singing loudly, daily naps, the love of a good man, and hero worship of Mary Poppins.

To celebrate the release of the new book, Marney is offering special gifts and bonuses. The first one is really easy:

Simply order Hop, Skip, Jump on November 11 and get an instant $15 Artella eGift Certificate for each copy purchased, which is even more than the price of the book! The eGift Certificate is good on any Artella eProduct; no minimum purchase required.  So it's the best day to order multiple copies as holiday presents, and get $15 back for each one; and the eGift certificates can even be transferred to others as holiday gifts, too.

The next one takes a little time, but is well worth it.  

When it comes to productivity and play, are you more likely to HOP, SKIP, or JUMP? Take the quiz and get your custom Productivity Pack!

I took the quiz and found out my style is in the middle. I like to skip. That is a pretty good assessment as I am known for skipping around from project to project, so maybe my productivity pack will give me some tips for using that style to get better results.

I received a review copy of the new book and will be doing a review in the next few weeks. I'm already loving the book because it encourages us to be in closer contact with the child within and find time to play. 

I  am honored to be listed on Artella Land’s roster of 75 featured blogs. 

2 comments:

LD Masterson said...

I took the test but I always seemed to choose "two or more of the above". I'm not sure what that says about me.

Maryannwrites said...

LD, so what was the result? I did a lot of "two or more of the above", too.