Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday Morning Musings

Short and sweet today. At least I hope you find it sweet. I always get a bit frantic the week before we open a show, and our original production of "Bonnie and Clyde in Winnsboro" opens this Friday. Even though I plan ahead and work for 6 to 8 weeks on rehearsals, there are always things that crop up at the last minute. I had a huge snafu when my tech guy had to back out last week. It is not easy to get someone to step in to that job, but thank goodness I found somebody.


The building that houses the Winnsboro Center for the Arts was once a saloon, one of many along Market Street that became known as The Bowery. Our troupe of players like the idea of being The Bowery Players.

Before I move on, I do have to brag on my son Mike Miller who is the archivist for the City of Austin and the Manager of the  Austin History Center He was interviewed by Michael Barnes for a story in the Austin Statesman.
This is the beautiful building, built in1933, that houses the Austin History Center.
 Now for a few jokes to start the week off on a light note.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds.
After explaining the commandment to "Honor thy father and thy mother," she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat, one little boy answered, "Thou shall not kill."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs.
Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and she said, "Johnny, what is the matter?"

Little Johnny responded, "I have pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pallbearers. In her handwritten instructions for her memorialservice, she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead." 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord,please don't let me be late!"

While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and fell, getting her clothes dirty and tearing her dress. She got up, brushed herself off, and started running again. As she ran, she once again began to pray, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late...But please don't shove me either!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~


How was your weekend? Mine was busy. An art fair on Saturday then four hours of rehearsal yesterday.

4 comments:

Tigermouse said...

Love the jokes, especially the first one :)

Hope everything goes okay with your show - break a leg, as they say :)

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks Tigermouse.

Neil A. Waring said...

Thanks for the smile. Loved the last one, sometimes I might need a shove though. Sounds like your son is a chip of the ol' block.

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks, Neil. Mike actually got a lot of good qualities from his dad ansd his mom. (Smile)